2022 Dyking Taxes – are due and payable by September 30, 2022. Penalty of 10% will be applied to late payments. All mailing must be post marked September 30, 2022 or prior. Payable to: Dewdney Area Improvement District by Cheque /Bank Draft/Money Order or E-transfer. Email funds to AR@daidinfo.com include PID & Roll number for reference.
Taxes are levied on the properties in the flood plain to pay for the maintenance of the dike and the operation of the pumps which remove the water from inside the dike when the river is high causing the flood gates to close.
This tax is a mil rate set by the board of trustees to raise the funds necessary to meet the operation budget for the year.
Property assessment used is the BC Assessment.
The mil rate is registered with the Provincial Government as a Numbered Tax Bylaw. Interest rates are set by the Provincial Government.
DAID’s finances are audited each year by an independent auditor and the report is submitted to the Provincial Government. This audit is made public at the Annual General Meeting held in April of each year.
- Assessments go out at the beginning of April
- A court of Revision is held May mid-month, owners to present any changes to the provincial assessment that will affect their tax bill.
- Tax Statements go out at the end of June
- Interest is charged on all accounts not paid by September 30 of the current taxation year. Interest rates are set by the Provincial Government.
- Properties with taxes owing more than two years may be sold at Tax Sale.
Taxes are paid to:
Dewdney Area Improvement District (DAID)
PO Box 3005
If you have questions regarding payment options, please call 604-826-2713 and leave a message including your name and phone number. Messages are retrieved daily excluding weekends & holidays.